Popular Posts

Monday, January 16, 2012

Dr. King and Peaceful Revolution

The Spirit of Revolution is remembered today on the anniversary of the birth of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  I would like to take a moment to also remember Medgar Evers, Rosa Parks, Cesar Chavez, Ghandi, and to all of the souls that lost their lives fighting for the right to vote, to have equal opportunity in education, and to be treated as equal human beings.  You will never be forgotten.  

Last year, we witnessed the Spirit of Revolution rise from dormancy.  Revolutions in the Middle East, Protests in Wisconsin, riots in London, and the birth of the Occupy movement.

There will always be injustice to fight.  In order for true change to happen, we have to look within.  "He who casts the first stone..."


I am flawed.  I am a hypocrite, but I strive to hold my head high and do the right thing in the face of adversity.  Those that I mentioned above had the courage and risked everything to do the "right" thing.  Dr. King and Medgar Evers were assassinated for their plight.


I want to leave you with a poem that one of the "Muses" asked me to share with you.  These are not my words but the words of the "Muse".  Serio.


Challenging the status quo,
we fight, get beaten.
Flogged into submission,
taken aback by our woes.


Out of the ashes, Phoenix rises.
A chance for change,
Delivering hope, executing justice,
at the expense of AMORAL laws!


A dream turned into a vision,
a vision into a battle,
Never to be cornered without swinging.


The spirit of equality, an entity so great,
Will never be quelled by money, greed, laws, power, or hate.







No comments:

Post a Comment